Beautiful, passionate and fearful girl you are about to be released into this big world- buckle up.
Life is going to bring you a lot of hate, too much to bare at times. People will not always look at you with loving eyes, and a lot of them will have malicious intent – especially because you are a girl who is full of love to give. Take that hate and even if it kills you, ignore it, push it aside and make room for that tiny little piece of goodness to shine through. Always look to the sun, even when it is dark – those people who want to bring you down will be the stepping stones that will lead to high places.
Yes, your heart is about to be broken by the person you love more than life itself. Doesn’t matter if you were the one who had to do it or he simply left without reason. You will probably shelter yourself from the people who want to help you – they too have been there, they just want to take your pain away – don’t blame them for trying. Know this, you will always be a huge part of that persons heart, his memories and his growth into manhood just as he will be all of those things to you. No one will ever take that from the two of you – once all the pain subsides, you will only remember the good times anyhow. Go out and buy a huge vat of ice cream, some chips and turn on Netflix, life will resume tomorrow as usual.
Look at boys differently from now on, there is a boy you’ve recently met that thinks the world of you. He always will. In fact there is a magnetic force that drove you to speak to one another in the first place. You will go on with life not even paying attention to him but loving him immensely with admiration after secret phone calls and a relationship that you hide from the rest of the world. He will always have your back no matter what and will be your salvation at times you are feeling down, you will be that for him too. One day he will tell you all of this and the both of you will have your hearts crushed forever. No matter what happens (a lot does) you will remain in contact because you were meant to be. He is not the boy you will marry but he will teach you things about yourself and know more than anyone ever will. You have just met your best friend.
Soon you will be making all kinds of decisions about your life’s plan, some that are bigger than you can imagine. School may seem like nothing but a rat-race right now and your teachers may not always be nice to you either. My advice is this, do whatever it takes to make your teachers happy, your peers may seem like your friends but they are about to enter the exact same big world as you are – they are the enemy. They are what will keep you from reaching your dreams and seeing your full potential. Just because you choose going to class for that extra credit over hanging out in the parking lot, doesn’t make you a nerd by any means – nerds make it big in this world.
You are lucky if you just fit into the general crowd because it shelters you from ever being ridiculed and from constantly having to live in the spotlight.
Neutral is nice.
Speaking of nerds, it’s okay to be good in school and still let loose once and a while. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, take risks and experience the world around you. In fact, take it all in – without compensating for your personal beliefs, ever. Never do anything you don’t want to, and never let anyone tell you what to do. That being said, you also have your entire life ahead of you to experience it so try not to go into overdrive in this department. I am proud to say that you were strong enough to stand up for yourself and never took to drugs or alcohol. Although I know at this point it was hard to say no – you did it and now looking back it is a pride I still hold.
Your first job will make you feel empowered – you will make more money than you can technically spend and come across many people from all walks of life. This experience will forever set the stage for your work ethic later in life. Learn what you can while you can from it. Too bad you didn’t save every penny and spent it on friends, going out and eventually a vacation away from home. The vacation was worth it but the other stuff could have made a good down payment on a future investment. This time around look to better utilize that cash.
Same goes for makeup, fashion and hair – don’t over do it! You may think you look cool now, but unfortunately later you will wish you hadn’t taken so many risks in the personal makeover sector of life. Wearing braided hair for the entire grade 9 year made for some interesting photos and connections but I am glad you let that style go along with he black lip liner. Glad you didn’t do anything irrational like shaving off your eyebrows or tattooing your face. Always make sure that the people around you can still recognize you. At your age things may seem ‘cool’ but huge decisions about your appearance can make it difficult to change later.
I know you are wondering what life will hold for you and I keep telling you to slow down but know this:
- You will marry the most amazing man, he will be the total opposite of you. He will do the laundry, love you unconditionally and make you coffee (yes, you drink it in the future) every morning. Remember to look where you normally wouldn’t for him – he’s shy.
- You will have children one day, they will be the light of your life and they will make everything you’ve ever worried about when you were a teen seem like such little things. You will live for them instead of yourself one day, so enjoy the moments life is giving you now.
- You will always wonder about the boys that have come into your life, anyone that says that they don’t is just lying.
- Your friends will all drift away because they went onto jobs, parenthood or moved out of country. The internet connects us all but somehow no one admits to missing each-other. Friendship in adulthood just isn’t the same so enjoy it all now. Except that one friend, he comes around sometimes.
- You will always be a creative being, it will lead you to many good things and make you a career out of it too one day. Creativity comes with a lot of frustration – channel it into art.
- You are amazing, you are loved and you will always carry a smile behind your sadness. Always look to the brighter side of things and life will bring you blessings.