Date of Last Revision: May 17, 2013
Definitions, Objective and Scope of Policy
sheblogs Media respects the intellectual property rights of others and sheblogs Media prohibits Users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting through the Service any materials that violate another person’s intellectual property rights. When sheblogs Media receives proper notification of an alleged copyright infringement (a “Notification”) as described below, sheblogs Media will promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of Users who are repeat infringers.
Acceptance of Terms
By using the Service, you consent to terms of this Copyright Policy.
Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement
If a User believes that his or her copyrighted work is accessible through the Service in violation of his or her copyright, that User may provide sheblogs Media with a written communication that contains substantially the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or intellectual property that the User claims has been infringed so that sheblogs Media can locate the material. For example, “The copyrighted work is my content that appears at http://www.yourwebsite.com/example.” If multiple copyrighted works on the Service are covered by your notification, you may provide a representative list of such works at that site.
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- A statement by the User that the User has a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by the User that the information contained in his or her notification is accurate and that he or she attests under the penalty of perjury that he or she is the copyright owner or that he or she is authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- The User’s name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
You may submit your Notification to your Community Admin.
Please note that a User may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorney?s fees, if the User misrepresents that content in the Service is infringing copyright.
Upon receiving a proper notification as described in this Section 3, sheblogs Media will expeditiously remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and promptly notify the alleged infringer of any claim made against such material. We also will advise the alleged infringer of the counter notification procedure described below in Section 4 by which the alleged infringer may respond to a claim and request that sheblogs Media restore this material. If sheblogs Media receives a notification that does not contain all of the information described above, but provides a way for us to contact you, we will promptly follow up with you to request that you provide any information not previously provided.
If a User believes he or she owns copyrighted material has been removed from the Service as a result of mistake or misidentification, the User may submit a written counter notification (a “Counter Notification”) to sheblogs Media. To be effective, a Counter Notification must include substantially the following:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that the User consents to the jurisdiction of the judicial district in sheblogs Media is located.
- A statement that the User will accept service of process from the person or entity that filed the notification or the party’s agent.
- The User’s name, address and telephone number.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the User has a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The User’s physical or electronic signature.
A User may submit his or her Counter Notification to their Community Admin.
Please note that if a User materially misrepresents that the disabled or removed material was removed by mistake or misidentification, the User may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney’s fees.
If a User sends sheblogs Media a valid, written Counter Notification meeting the requirements described above, sheblogs Media will restore the removed or disabled material after ten (10) business days but no later than fourteen (14) business days from the date sheblogs Media received your Counter Notification, unless our designated agent first receives notice from the person filing the original notification informing us that such person has filed a court action to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the material in question.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with applicable law, Sheblogs Media will terminate access to the Service for Users who are repeat infringers. sheblogs Media may also at its sole discretion limit access to Service terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.