I don’t know about you but I am a big fan of decorating for the holidays! There is nothing like bows, ribbons and ornaments to get you into the festive spirit, but what about gifts? Purchasing the right gift for my loved ones is important, however, I also really value HOW the gift is presented. The pretty paper, the ribbons, the bows; these are all things that add magic to this special time of the year! In order to do this, I prepare early. Now I know what you’re thinking: “It’s too early, I bet you don’t even have a tree up” and while that is very true, I do this early so I can truly enjoy the season without the last minute hustle and bustle — it’s the satisfaction of knowing that I am one step closer to relaxing and it gives me more time to bake cookies!
Don’t ask me why, but this year, I am more excited than ever to spend the holidays with, and sharing the present I bought for the people I love and care about the most.
Now, you don’t have to get a super early jump on wrapping like I do, but I will share with you some simple tips to keep in mind when you are ready!
Today I am wrapping a present for a loved one. I am filling this box with something old, new and something oh so true about her personality. All you will need is the following:
– Gift Wrap
– An ornament (pick one than represents an aspect of their life, for example: their favourtie colour, or how they spend their time)
1. Check the paper measurements by pressing the cut end of the paper to the middle of the gift and then roll it over to make sure you’ll have enough paper. Then, cut the remainder.
2. For the sides of the box, press down from the top of the box, creating two side folds with the wrapping paper.
3. Carefully bring the corners into each other, and then fold upward from the base of the box. Secure with double-sided tape or a few rolled-up pieces of tape. Do the same with the other side of the box.
4) Top things off with a cute bow or wrap it with some decorative ribbon.
5) Before you tie the final knot, add an ornament that your family or friend will love. For example, the friend I’m wrapping the gift for has an obsession with Coffee.
Bonus tip: Keep your wrapping paper, ribbon and gift ornaments within the same color scheme as your tree ornaments and holiday home decor. That way, your presents will fit right in with the rest of your holiday decorating scheme.
I hope these tips help! Let me know how you like to deck the halls in the comments below.