Looking for great cheese recommendations? Castello has been creatively crafting a variety of delectable cheeses that are perfect for entertaining (for any occasion) for over a hundred years. And to be honest, we can’t get enough of their products. Be sure to include Castello cheese in your holiday grocery list to create your best (and tastiest) festive cheese boards and displays ever!
Blue Cheese, Cranberry & Pecan Holiday Ornament
This holiday cheese ornament could be a fabulous focal point on your cheeseboard, adding a sophisticated touch to your appetizer menu. Not a fan of pecans? Try rolling in pomegranate seeds or chopped herbs like chives or dill.
Your guests will be raving about the smooth texture and fresh, slightly tangy taste of the Castello cream cheese. The crumbles of the Castello Traditional Danish Blue Cheese add a fine, nutty taste to the cheese ornament with hints of sourdough and a touch of sweetness.
"Any hostess or guest will notice that cheese apps are ALWAYS the first to be devoured at any holiday event."
- In a mixer, beat the cheeses and cranberry together until blended.
- Place your cheese onto plastic wrap on a flat surface. Fold the plastic over the cheese and carefully form a ball shape.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Roast the pecans in the oven at 350°F for 9 mins, let cool and finely chop.
- When it’s time to assemble on the table, roll the cheese in the chopped pecans.
- Lay out your ribbons in an “X” shape and place the cheese over top. Tie the ribbon at the very top of the ball and insert the ornament hanger.
Festive Cheesy Shapes - On a Stick!
The toothpick and cheese cube, reimagined. Fully portable and just plain fun. Who could resist these super-cute, cheesy shapes inspired by our favourite holiday symbols? The answer is no one.
When you include an aged Danish Havarti, your guests will be pleasantly surprised when its softness gives way to a delectable crunch to every bite. You’ll be delighted by the unique taste- hints of crushed almonds and hazelnuts and sweet yet sharp finish.
- Cut cheese into ¼ inch thick slices and press with your mini cookie cutter to create the shapes.
- Stick the base of each cheese shape into a wooden stick, far enough that it won’t fall off.
- Sprinkle lightly with red pepper seasoning for a pop of colour.
- Take it one extra step and place Styrofoam into a bowl and cover with Romaine leaves.
- Fasten your cheese sticks into the Styrofoam.
- Place the bowl onto a small plate and arrange the crackers around the bowl.
Holiday Cheese Wreath
This classic edible wreath will surely get your guests into the holiday spirit and feeling right at home in no time. Decorate as desired with bite-sized veggies. The bigger the wreath, the better…because it means more cheese for everyone!
Everyone will gather from near and far to indulge in the variety of flavours. We especially loved the Castello Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar. When you eat it, you’ll experience a salty crunch and a punch of flavour so substantial, it’ll make your mouth water for more.
- Arrange a plate or a flat surface to create your wreath.
- Cut all your cheeses into cubes and arrange on top of the plate in a circular shape.
- Scatter your cherry tomatoes and olives onto the cheese wreath as if they were holiday ornaments.
- Place sprigs of rosemary onto the wreath as if it were a garland.
- Finish by placing a nice bow with a holiday pattern to complete the look.
And voilà. You are now holiday-party prepared with some new ideas to impress the crowd with cheese.
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Castello Cheese, the opinions and language are my own, and in no way do they reflect Castello Cheese.