Working closely with a national team of bloggers and influencers, our lives are pretty sweet: we get first dibs on amazing summer recipes, the inside scoop on travel tips, and our DIY-game is on fleek. Still, it’s often easy to get so caught up in workday stresses that we forget the importance of incorporating a little fun into the mix.
Studies have shown that teambuilding activities markedly improve morale, boost productivity, and foster ties that lead to a stronger, more communicative workforce. So, in the spirit of embracing fun, Fridays, and the wonderful women that make up our team, we decided to hit the town for a girls’ day – and night – like no other. Nothing says teambuilding quite like manicures, cocktails, and (mildly) competitive bowling.
This was our itinerary:
- First Stop: Sushi – Unlike the average chocolate craving (easily remedied by a cup of cacao nibs or a tall glass of water), sushi has no substitute. When the hunger calls, you must answer. And answer we did. With bellies full and cravings satiated, we were ready for our next adventure.
- Second Stop: Manicures – Voted “Best Mani/Pedi Spa” three years running, The Ten Spot is a fast-growing beauty bar with multiple locations in both Ontario and BC. Hip décor, squeaky-clean stations, friendly service, and champagne were par for the course during our foray into stylish relaxation. Pretty tips in hand – no pun intended – we made our way to…
- Third Stop: Harlem Underground – While waiting for everyone to complete their services at The Ten Spot, we indulged in sangria and sunshine on the patio of this Afro-Caribbean classic. From there, we were ready to dine.
- Fourth Stop: Drake One Fifty – In the heart of Toronto’s Financial District, the Drake One Fifty channels urban cool in the heat of summer. Sampling oysters, charcuterie, frites, and scissor-sliced pizza, we played teambuilding games (including one blog-related battle) and enjoyed each other’s company outside of the office. With food-babies firmly in place, we headed west for the ultimate challenge: amateur bowling.
- The Final Frontier: Ballroom Bowl – As Caesar (the emperor, not the salad) would say: we came, we saw, we conquered. Though seasoned bowlers we are certainly not, our techniques improved with every turn.
With plenty of excitement on the horizon for fall, we’re happy to report that sheblogs Girls’ Days aren’t ending anytime soon. Stay tuned for what’s next!