Now that the holiday season has come to an end and everyone is settling back into their usual routine, it can be difficult to form a New Year’s resolution and stick to it. Many people keep up their resolutions for a short time, but eventually fall back into old habits because they don’t have a plan to help them succeed. This is something I’ve struggled with in the past, so I’ve come up with a list of tips and tricks to help me achieve my goals. If you struggle with sticking to your New Year’s resolutions, give this list a try. Let’s make 2017 our best year yet!
- Find some inspirational quotes that get you motivated. Write them out on sticky notes and put them up around your home. Throughout the day, you’ll be reminded to stick to your goal.
- Predict any challenges you might face and come up with solutions. Achieving your goal might not go as smoothly as you would like, so be ready to make adjustments.
Visualize your end goal
- Find a picture that represents your end goal and put it somewhere you will see it every day. Having a physical image of your goal can help you maintain a vivid mental image and keep you motivated.
Track your progress
- Keep a journal and write down all the steps you take towards reaching your goal. If you start to feel discouraged at any point, look back at your journal and see how far you’ve come.
- Every time you reach a milestone, treat yourself with a small reward. This will give you something to look forward to and help keep you motivated. You earned it!
Whatever your New Year’s resolution is for 2017, I wish you the best of luck! Achieving your goals can be difficult, but with hard work and determination, you can get where you want to go. I hope these tips and tricks will help you stay on track and focus on doing the best you can.
All the best in 2017!