I’ve been hearing a whole lot about digestive teas lately, and for someone who suffers with IBS and digestive issues herself, they sound super enticing. But what are are these digestive teas, what do they do and how can they help you?
We sat down with Laura De Sanctis, who formulated the Go With Your Gut Digestive Cleanse with Lemon Lily. Laura is a Holistic Nutritionist, speaker, health blogger and wellness ambassador. She aims to provide individualized care and assessments to all clients, and bases her treatments around sensible and holistic dietary and lifestyle advice. A.K.A – this isn’t your average ‘skinny tea’.
What inspired you to create Go With Your Gut?
When I created Go With Your Gut Digestive Cleanse Tea with Lemon Lily Tea, I wanted to create a product that was clean, organic and pardon the pun – not full of the crap. As someone who struggles with IBS, I find it very hard to find a tea that is certified organic but also includes a combination of herbs, fruits and botanicals that is gentle on my digestive system.
When I was a teenager, I was addicted to over-the-counter laxatives which led to a host of other digestive issues, but included a dependency on harmful laxatives. I didn’t fix the root cause of my problem, nor did I find in my countless hours of search, a remedy, even a tea, that was natural yet effective. So, this led me to develop my first line of digestive tea blends with Lemon Lily tea.
What about those Skinny Teas you see all over Instagram?
As a nutritionist, I have many of my clients ask me what teas I would recommend and my thoughts on extreme skinny Tea cleanses. I created Go With Your Gut Digestive Cleanse Tea to help aid in digestive distress, but to also help promote and give the bowels a natural laxative effect, without increasing inflammation, which is in the case with some extreme skinny and detox teas.
This digestive tea is a healing tea, which is incredible for the pancreas, bowels and mental clarity. This can be your new coffee!
How does it work?
I’ve hand-selected these herbs, fruits and botanicals because they have calm, soothing effects and will help with bloating and intestinal cramps. Go With Your Gut Digestive Cleanse Tea helps with mental clarity, getting rid of congestion and helps you poop!
Maybe you have bloating, gas, constipation or indigestion. This tea, helps alleviate those symptoms and it makes you feel good and warm. Hippocrates once said, all disease starts in the gut, and I couldn’t agree more.
What’s it made out of?
The spices included, are nature’s healer.
Certified Organic Ingredients: Dandelion Leaf, Marshmallow Root, Lemon Peel, Fennel, Orange, Ginger, Nettle, Licorice Root, Rose Petals, Cayenne
Certified Organic & Natural
What are the benefits of these ingredients?
Nutritional benefits of each herb or fruit are as follows:
- Ginger – fresh ginger root echoes the shape of the stomach – another reason why it’s so good for us. It helps assimilate nutrients, removes pathogens (micro-organisms that cause bacteria and viruses) and fights inflammation. Ginger will help warm up your body, alleviate gases and fluctuations in your digestion system.
- Orange peel – even as an essential oil it helps relax the digestive system.
- Nettle: Nettle is a diuretic. It supports many detox organ systems including liver, lungs & urinary tract and herbalists use it to treat poor elimination of eczema & constipation.
- Fennel – great for digestive upsets & helps reduce gas and bloating, also great for people with IBS (like me!). Chewing fennel seeds also help support digestion
- Marshmallow root, helps soothe and lubricate the digestive system.
Try the tea for yourself at Lemon Lily!