Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone we have a simple and delicious vegetarian recipe for you to add to your fall repertoire.
I don’t know about you, but once the cold weather starts to creep in, I am all about comfy sweaters, sunday netflix binges and some good comfort food. I go into hibernation mode and it just happens to coincide with National Pasta Month.
Our friends over at Oretta have shared a fool-proof pasta recipe with us and we are sharing it with you!
LINGUINE AL POMODORINO GIALLO
- 4oz (135g) fresh linguine pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Anaheim pepper, sliced (or chilli flakes)
- ¼ cup (100ml) dry white wine
- 6oz (170g) tinned yellow tomato purée
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp Parmigiano, grated
- 2 tbsp Stracciatella cheese (or Buratta)
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium-high heat and toast garlic.
- Once the garlic is lightly browned, add 4 to 5 slices of anaheim chilli.
- Immediately deglaze the pan with dry white wine.
- Add in the tomato purée.
- Season with salt and let reduce by ⅓, then set aside.
- While sauce is cooking, boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Drain and set aside 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Bring the sauce back to heat and add pasta, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add basil leaves, butter and half the Parmigiano.
- Toss ingredients together to combine (add the reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick).
- Plate pasta, adding Stracciatella on top.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, flaked salt and remaining grated Parmigiano.
Happy National Pasta Month my friends! If you make this be sure to snap a quick pic of your creation and share it with us on instagram using #sheblogscooks.